1 Yohahana (1 John)
1. What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our own eyes, what we have looked upon and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life.
2.And the life was manifest and we have seen and bear witness and announce to you that everlasting life which was with the Father and was manifested to us.
4. And we write this to you in order that your joy might be complete.
5. And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that Elohim is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and are not doing the truth.
8. If we say that we have not sin, we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is trustworthy and righteous to forgive us the sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His Word is not is us.
2. And He Himself is an atoning offering for our sins, and not for our sins only, but also for all the world.
3. And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.
4. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar and the truth is not in him.
5. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
6. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.
7. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.
8. Again I write you a fresh command, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light now shines.
9. The one who says he is in the light and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.
10. The one who loves his brother stays in the light and there is no stumbling-block in him.
11. But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
12. I write to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of His Name.
13. I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, because you have known the Father.
14. I wrote to you, fathers, because you have known Him from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the Word of Elohim stays in you and you have overcome the wicked one.
15. Do not love the world nor that which is in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. Because all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life — is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17. and the world passes away and the lust of it, but the one doing the desire of Elohim remains forever.
18. Little children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard that the anti-messiah is coming, even now many anti-messiahs have come. This is how we know that it is the last hour.
19. They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have stayed with us — but in order that it might be made manifest that none of them were of us.
20. And you have an anointing from the Set-Apart One and you know all.
21. I did not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it and because no falsehood is of the truth.
23. No one denying the Son has the Father. The one confessing the Son has the Father as well.
24. As for you, let that stay in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning stays in you, you also shall stay in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is the promise that He has promised us: everlasting life.
26. I have written this to you concerning those who lead you astray.
27. But the anointing which you have received from Him stays in you and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as the same anointing does teach you concerning all and is true and is no falsehood and even as it has taught you, you stay in Him.
28. And now, little children, stay in Him, so that when He appears, we might have boldness and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone doing righteousness has been born of Him.
1. See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of Elohim! For this reason the world does not know us because it did not know Him.
2. Beloved ones, now we are children of Elohim. And it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him and He is.
3. And everyone having this expectation in Him cleanses himself, as He is clean.
4. Everyone doing sin also does lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
5. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
6. Everyone staying in Him does not sin. Everyone sinning has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7. Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.
8. The one doing sin is of the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of Elohim was manifested to destroy the works of the devil.
9. Everyone having been born of Elohim does not sin, because His seed stays in him and he is powerless to sin, because he has been born of Elohim.
10. In this the children of Elohim and the children of the devil are manifest: Everyone not doing righteousness is not of Elohim, neither the one not loving his brother.
11. Because this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Qayin who was of the wicked one and killed his brother.
12. And why did he kill him? Because his works were wicked but those of his brother were righteous.
13. Do not marvel, my brothers, if the world hates you.
14. We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. The one not loving his brother stays in death.
15. Everyone hating his brother is a murderer and you know that no murderer has everlasting life staying in him.
16. By this we have known love, because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
17. But whoever has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need and shuts up his tender affections from him, how does the love of Elohim stay in him?
18. My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19. And by this we know that we are of the truth and shall set our hearts at rest before Him,
20. that if our heart condemns us, Elohim is greater than our heart and knows all.
21. Beloved ones, if our heart does not condemn us, we have boldness toward Elohim.
22. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we guard His commandsand do what is pleasing in His sight.
23. And the one guarding His commands stays in Him and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.
1. Beloved ones, do not believe every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of Elohim, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
4. You are of Elohim, little children and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5. They are of the world, therefore they speak as of the world and the world hears them.
6. We are of Elohim — the one knowing Elohim hears us. He who is not of Elohim does not hear us. By this we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of the delusion.
7. Beloved ones, let us love one another, because love is of Elohim and everyone who loves has been born of Elohim and knows Elohim.
8. The one who does not love does not know Elohim, for Elohim is love.
9. By this the love of Elohim was manifested in us, that Elohim has sent His only brought-forth Son into the world, in order that we might live through Him.
10. In this is love, not that we loved Elohim, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be an atoning offering for our sins.
11. Beloved ones, if Elohim so loved us, we ought to love one another.
12. No one has seen Elohim at any time. If we love one another, Elohim does stay in us and His love has been perfected in us.
13. By this we know that we stay in Him and He is us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
14. And we have seen and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son, Saviour of the world.
16. And we have known and believed the love that Elohim has for us. Elohim is love and he who stays in love stays in Elohim, and Elohim in him.
17. By this love has been perfected with us, in order that we might have boldness in the day of judgment, because as He is so are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear holds punishment and he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
19. We love Him because He first loved us.
20. If someone says, “I love Elohim,” and hates his brother, he is a liar. For the one not loving his brother whom he has seen, how is he able to love Elohim, Whom he has not seen?
21. And we have this command from Him, that the one loving Elohim should love his brother, too.
2. By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim andguard His commands.
3. For this is the love for Elohim, that we guard His commands and His commands are not heavy,
4. because everyone having been born of Elohim overcomes the world. And this is the overcoming that has overcome the world: our belief.
7. Because there are three who bear witness:
8. the Spirit and the water and the blood. And the three are in agreement.
9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of Elohim is greater, because this is the witness of Elohim which He has witnessed concerning His Son.
10. The one who believes in the Son of Elohim has the witness in himself, the one who does not believe Elohim has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the witness that Elohim has given concerning His Son.
11. And this is the witness: that Elohim has given us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son.
12. He who possesses the Son possesses life, he who does not possess the Son of Elohim does not possess life.
13. I have written this to you who believe in the Name of the Son of Elohim, so that you know that you possess everlasting life and so that you believe in the Name of the Son of Elohim.
14. And this is the boldness that we have in Him, that if we ask whatever according to His desire, He hears us.
15. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
16. If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin, not unto death, he shall ask and He shall give him life of those not sinning unto death. There is a sin unto death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
17. All unrighteousness is sin and there is a sin not unto death.
18. We know that everyone having been born of Elohim does not sin, but the one having been born of Elohim guards himself and the wicked one does not touch him.
19. We know that we are of Elohim and all the world lies in the wicked one.
20. And we know that the Son of Elohim has come and has given us an understanding, so that we might know the true One. And we are in the true One, in His Son Messiah. This is the true Elohim and everlasting life.
21. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.